This will sell out fast.
Rihanna stole the show once again.
More is more at the desert festival.
The facts on getting a perfectly plump pout.
We want all of them.
Katy Perry as Hillary Clinton is NEXT LEVEL.
“I felt like no one wanted to kiss me.”
The stars are shining bright tonight.
One step closer to Kylie Jenner lips.
Seems there’s no limit to what people will pay to look like King Kylie.
Here’s what looking like Queen Kylie really involves…
Say hello to seriously fat lashes.
While Kim K’s side boob selfie or Kylie Jenner’s 18th birthday party might be of interest to some, the majority of the world probably don’t care that much – if at all. So why has the media gone bat-shit, Kardashian crazy?
Well, one news anchor has had enough. John Brown, the co-host of America’s Good Morning Orlando stormed off set on Friday after refusing to talk about the Kardashians because he was having a “good” day.
“I’m having a good Friday, so I refuse to talk about the Kardashians today. You are on your own, Amy!” he said to his co-host as he walked off while live on air.
Provoked by a story about Kylie Jenner naming her new pet bunny Bruce, after her Dad, Brown didn’t hold back in expressing his distaste in all things Kardashian coverage by continuing his rant off-screen, even after another employee stepped in for him.
“I’ve had enough Kardashian, I can’t take anymore Kardashians… I don’t care about this family, I’m sick of this family!” he yelled.
While his co-hosts tried to make the best of an awkward situation by laughing it off, the enraged news reader wouldn’t have a bar of it. “It’s a nonstory, we’re talking about this family every freaking day on this show. Nobody cares about this family anymore!”
“Don’t you listen to the research? Nobody cares about the Kardashians anymore!” he continued.
Not impressed, his co-host Amy stepped in and replied: “That’s not true, they get good ratings. People watch that show.”
Brown has since taken to Facebook to semi-apologise for his antics and share the video, writing: “Here is the Kardashian rant. Sorry, I lost my mind a bit, although it was partially in jest! I did feel better though after I was done.”
Not so surprisingly his Kardashian rant has been met with a tonne of support via social media, with a lot of people congratulating the reporter for taking a public stand against the reality TV family.
Do you agree?
Images via The Fault Report
Have you ever seen a makeup trend that you think needs to end? We’re counting down five of the most over-used trends which celebrities have tried, YouTube guru’s are overdoing, and those that should just never see the light of day.
While contouring is wildly popular, it’s often quite difficult to get it right. We say you should leave that technique to the professional makeup artists who blend the colours seamlessly without resulting in a shade which is too dark (or too light for your natural skin tone).
Kylie Jenner lips
The ‘big lip’ look had it’s moment, now lets never mention it again. Even Kylie Jenner herself admitted to injecting her lips, so isn’t it finally time to stop over-drawing our lips? Anyway, taking more than 1 hour to get ready is completely overrated.
While we’re all guilty of this one, matching your foundation to your fake tan is never really a good option. Why? Most women actually forget to blend it into their neck, decolletage and even behind their ears!
This means that your makeup actually looks quite patch, and doesn’t look natural at all. Always get matched by a professional who can identify if your skin is warm or cool toned.
Now, we’re not talking about individual lashes or the natural kind which actually look quite nice! It’s time to retire those false lashes with diamonds, thick bands and colours which are too heavy for most of our eyelids. If you want the illusion of bigger lashes, use a few corner strips on the side of your eyes.
Put down that pomade and embrace the natural look! While filling in our eyebrows has become second nature, this trend has clearly gone OTT over the last year. Some clear gel, an eyebrow pencil, and a brow brush is really the only thing you need to tame those brows on a daily basis.
Images via Makeup by Ariel, Kim Kardashian, Cao Cosmetics USA, Beautylish
While Kylie Jenner is mostly known for her luscious big lips, she’s also been rocking a seriously stylish short bob.
Even if your hair feels thin and lifeless, use our tips below to create a shiny, voluminous hairstyle which is suitable for all occasions.
1. If your hair is coloured like Kylie’s make sure that you’re using a sulphate-free shampoo. This will help to lock-in your colour for longer, and won’t dry out your ends after each wash.
Puretopia Sensitive Care Shampoo, $10.99
2. Apply a conditioner to strictly the ends of your hair, and leave-in for 3-5 minutes. Applying it all over the hair (and the root) can actually decrease your volume later on!
Puretopia Sensitive Care Conditioner, $10.99
3. Spray a colour shine serum lightly through damp hair, concentrating it on your ends.
Goldwell Dualsenses Color Serum Spray, $13.90
4. Just before blow-drying the hair, use a lifting mousse and scrunch this from root to tip. Make sure your hair is still damp, otherwise it can get quite sticky.
5. As you’re blow-drying your hair, use a few different techniques which will help to create instant volume. Scrunch your hair between your fingers, dip your head upside down and dry it at the roots, and even apply some sea salt spray to awaken the root.
Schwarzkopt Taft Curl Defining Mousse, $4.49
6. Once your hair is dry, use a finishing spray to lock-in the texture, and make it last for hours. To create some extra volume, part your hair on the side instead of the middle. You will find that it creates more texture at the roots without even trying!
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Glossing Mist Spray, $16.99
Would you try this style at home?
Image via The Fashion Spot
Celebrities such as Nicole Richie and Kelly Osbourne have truly brought back the coloured hair trend, but how can the rest of us incorporate this not-so-subtle style into our daily lives?
Rather than colouring your entire head one colour, why not try some subtle highlights or balayage? This way, you can disguise the colour while you’re at work, and style your hair in a sophisticated bun.
Short and curly
An angled hair cut really makes colours like purple, pink and blue pop, especially on hair that is naturally quite thin. It creates the illusion of thicker hair, and is really easy to style with a pair of curlers.
Who doesn’t love to experiment with their look every once in a while? Pink shows us just one of the best ways to rock the faux-mohawk – with an entire can of hairspray! Her light pink locks are perfect for girls who have naturally blonde hair, since the look isn’t too harsh for their overall appearance.
An elegant side ponytail is the best way to rock this style, since it shows off every angle of your colour! Create a side parting, and carefully back-comb the hair to make a voluminous quiff. Then simply fasten the rest of your hair into a side ponytail. Ideal for girls with thick hair, since it stays in place for hours!
We can’t mention ombre coloured hair without Kylie Jenner. The young reality television star certainly nailed this look, which shows that dark-haired girls can also pull off blue! The look requires a little more maintenance since your ends must first be bleached blonde.
- Chalk and cream colours are the easiest ways to bring this trend to life. If you’re looking for a temporary colour, then chalk is the best way to make this happen. Simply rub the colour back and forth on damp hair, then allow it to air-dry naturally. Chalk typically lasts for a few days, or until you wash your hair out.
- Cream dyes last for 4-6 weeks since they are more concentrated. Apply onto freshly washed hair, and leave on for 30 minutes. To enhance the colour of your hair, wrap small pieces in aluminium paper.
Manic Panic Vegan Hair Colour, $23.99
What is your favourite way to wear coloured hair?
Image via Another Maria, She Knows, Brit Co, Kendall and Kylie
Duster coats are an all-year-round wardrobe essential because they can be layered according to the weather. Choose a base shade such as black, white, khaki, or grey since they are the easiest colours to wear with the majority of your outfits.
Inspire your creativity with the following ways to wear your duster coat, regardless of the weather.
Basic black jeans and a light duster coat is the best outfit when you’re running on zero inspiration. Not only is this ensemble super-comfy, but it looks put together when paired with a pretty black clutch. If you’re taking this outfit from day to night, trade the sneakers for a pair of heeled ankle boots instead.
If the weather is acting up but you still want to show off your legs, choose a leather or denim skirt to pair with your duster coat. Shades of black, grey, and white work beautifully together, especially if you need to feel comfy for the day.
Style a monochrome playsuit with a pastel blue duster coat just like Kylie Jenner. This outfit is easy on the eyes, and is complimented with a beautiful brown fedora hat. Heels, or course are optional! You could always trade them for some beautiful flat sandals.
Go for a classy look and wear your favourite midi dress with a longline duster coat. This is a sophisticated look which is perfect for an evening out, or even the office. A soft beige coloured trench is perfect since it never goes out of style.
Bring some life to a casual white t-shirt and wear it with a crisp duster coat. If you want to make this look a little smart-casual, wear some killer stiletto heels and leather bag to complete the look.
Go for the classic sports-luxe look by adapting a casual mini dress into this trend. A collared duster coat brings a level of sophistication to any outfit, but you can always make this look feel dressier by wearing some summer sandals instead.
Images via Chronicles of Her, Fashion Me Now, WWD, Pretty Sickly, Queen of Jet Lags
The world hasn’t stopped talking about Kylie Jenner’s new lips, and almost every beauty guru is trying to recreate this elusive look by the young star. If you want to create the illusion of bigger lips (sans) surgery, follow our how-to on how to get Kylie Jenner’s pouty look.
1. This look is perfect if you want to accentuate your upper lip which (like Kylie’s) is thin and undefined. Exaggerate the angle of the upper lip by extending the outer sides of the cupid’s bow.
2. Line the natural curve of your cupid’s bow, then slowly drag the lip liner outwards until you reach your bottom lip. This may take a while to master, so you want the look to feel nature. Use a lip liner which is the colour of your natural lips, and fill in any gaps.
Bobbi Brown Lip Liner in Pink Mauve, $38
3. To make this step a little bit easier, smile and drag the lip liner down the sides of your lips. Use your finger to blend in the colour with your natural lips.
4. Take a white eyeliner pencil then carefully concentrate the product in the middle of your lips (below the cupid’s bow). Blend well with your finger, then apply a flesh-toned lipstick over the top.
Mac Cosmetics Lipstick in Whirl, $36
5. Lightly gloss your lips, and dab dry with a tissue for a more natural look. Use a plumping lip gloss to accentuate your lips and bring them extra body and fullness.
Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Collagen Active Lip-Gloss, $48
Images via The Beauty Department, Stay Glam