You probably weren’t aware of #14.
Prepare to save big bucks in the beauty department…
Always wanted to know how the models have eyes to die for? Sick of ending up with smudgy black eyes by the end of a night? Follow make-up artist Charlotte’s tips and you never look like an 80’s goth again.
- To accentuate and heighten the colour of your eyes, choose shades that offer a contrast so the eye colour will definitely stand out.
- When applying eye colour you have to remember that light shades emphasise and make an area appear larger. Dark shades diminish and make an area look smaller.
- If you suffer from eczema or dry eyelids never use shimmer colour all over the lid.
- To give the appearance of thicker lashes and to enhance eye colour, dot between the root of the top lashes with a very black eye pencil.
- To obtain full lashes make sure you wiggle the mascara wand at the root of the lashes and work up and out. For longer lashes tilt wand down and lightly apply to full length of lash.
When you’re making your eyes stand out there are some rules you have to remember.
- Groom Your Brows: The first thing you have to do if you want big sexy eyes is to groom those brows. Don’t muck around with this. Go to a beautician if you haven’t already had your brows shaped.
- Your skin around your eyes tends to be darker and uneven. Use a thin coat of concealer – one shade lighter than your skintone – under your eyes and on your lids to make it look balanced. I suggest Yves Saint Laurent: Touche Eclat Radiant Touch.
- Use a highlighter to dab on your browbones. Then apply a light-coloured shadow from your lash-lines up to the high lighter with a brush. Blend them so you don’t notice any lines.
- Now apply Kenya Eye Intensifier Pencil by Sue Devitt along the base of your upper lashes but make it as thin as possible. Grab an eye-lash curler before you apply a coat of black mascara. While mascara is still damp, separate lashes with an eyelash comb. Voila! Your eyes will look bigger and sexier than ever before. I suggest to use Maybelline Full n’Soft mascara in Very Black.