Drinking alcohol out of fruit makes it healthy… right?
How’s this for the perfect summer dinner recipe?
Grilled prawns with fresh vegetables, seasoned with salt and pepper, and to top if off with some grilled pineapple. Feel free to alter the recipe to suit your own personal taste, or add a few extra vegetables into the mix.
500g prawns (uncooked)
Salt and pepper
- Heat some olive oil over a hot pan, then slice the onion and scallions. Cook until glossy.
- Chop off the extra bits from the prawns then lay them flat over the grill. Slice the pineapple and remove the core before grilling the pieces with the prawns. Remember to turn them over.
- Boil some fresh broccoli and cauliflower, add them into a bowl with the prawns and pineapple. Then season with salt, pepper or chilli flakes for an extra kick of flavour.
Image via Grok Grub
It’s curry week on SheSaid and this aromatic curry transports you to a tropical island with its flavours of kaffir lime, fresh pineapple and coconut milk. Plus it only takes 30 minutes to make!
750g chicken breast or thigh, chopped
500ml coconut milk
1tbsp red curry paste
½ tsp fish sauce
3 kaffir lime leaves
½ fresh pineapple, diced
2 red chilies – sliced (seeds removed if required)
2 chicken stock cubes
1. Pour coconut milk, fish sauce, curry paste and stock into pot and dissolve to creamy consistency.
2. Bring curry to the boil over medium heat.
3. Add chicken and continue to cook over medium heat for 5 mins.
Add pineapple, kaffir lime leaves and chilis.
5. Continue to cook over low-med heat for 15 min. Serve with brown rice and steamed vegetables.
Indian? Thai? What’s your favourite curry?