Singer and mother Pink has always been a role model for younger women, and yesterday she proved why. When social media trolls took to Twitter to fat shame the 35-year-old after showing off her curves at a charity ball over the weekend, the superstar responded with a message of love and confidence.
“I can see that some of you are concerned about me from your comments about my weight. You’re referring to the pictures of me from last night’s cancer benefit that I attended to support my dear friend Dr. Maggie DiNome,” she tweeted in a picture message.
“She was given the Duke Award for her tireless efforts and stellar contributions to the eradication of cancer. But unfortunately, my weight seems much more important to some of you. While I admit that the dress didn’t photograph as well as it did in my kitchen, I will also admit that I felt very pretty. In fact, I feel beautiful.”
Wearing a long black dress with a plunging neckline, the photos were taken at the John Wayne 2015 Odyssey Ball in LA in which Pink attended with husband Cary Hart and daughter Willow. And while we think the singer looked beautiful, others who disagreed felt compelled to publicly slam the singer via social media.
However, in true Pink form, the songbird didn’t let the negative comments get under her skin, and instead used the ordeal to promote self-confidence. “My good and concerned peoples, please don’t worry about my. I’m not worried about me. And I’m not worried about you either,” she concluded in her Twitter message.
“I am perfectly fine, perfectly happy, and my healthy, voluptuous and crazy strong body is having some much deserved time off. Thanks for your concern. Love, cheesecake.”
It seems the 35-year-old isn’t the only one embracing her newly found curves, with the singer admitting on Twitter that husband Hart loves the more relaxed Pink, also: “My hubby says ‘it’s just more to love baby’ (and then I smack his hand off my booty cause we’re in a supermarket),” she wrote.
What’s more, Pink confessed that when daughter Willow asked her about her “squishy” body, she told the tot it was the result of happiness. If only more celebrities could address their bodies in this fashion!
Image via E! Online
- Find your hidden hot spot. Make a fist and note where your middle finger hits your palm. Reflexologists believe stimulating this spot, which corresponds to the heart centre, helps ignite sensual feelings. Press the spot rhythmically with the thumb of your other hand for 15 seconds, then rotating the thumb there for 15 seconds. Repeat 3 times and switch hands.
- Follow the sun. If you feel sexier on bright days, there’s a reason: just 15 consecutive minutes of exposure to sunlight signals your brain to release the feel-good chemical, serotonin. Sit at a sunny window or take a short walk to soak up your share.
- Buy something pink – a scarf, a cardigan, a lippy, a pair of shoes. Pink enhances feelings of unconditional love, says Aleta St James, an emotional healer and colour-balance therapist. Ruby red heightens feelings of romantic attachment. Or pick something orange, a zesty shade that delivers a quick libido lift.
- Wear a garter belt, or stockings held up by suspenders, to work.
- Reinvent sensual massage. Use the backs of your hands, forearms, lips, even your hair to caress and soothe your partner.
- Fake an afterglow. A little steam can give you that flushed, just-got-lucky look. Here’s how: pick some petals from some wilting flowers, put them in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Add 3 drops of lavender oil then drape a towel, tent-like over your head. Steam for 5-10 minutes to open your pores, moisturise and stimulate circulation.
- Just say no. Take a break from sex for however long it takes to change your usual pattern. Focus instead on kissing and light caressing, like you used to in the early days of your relationship. When the hiatus is over, your partner will have to be carried out on a stretcher!
- Paint your toe-nails red. Try it and you’ll notice that little spring in your step and how seductive you feel, whether barefoot in a bathrobe or strutting about in strappy sandals.
- Listen to swoonworthy tunes, songs that make you go “ahhhh”. Some of the SheSaid team’s favourites: Everything But The Girl albums, Frank Sinatra, Massive Attack, John Coltrane, Astrid Gilberto and Stan Getz and someone even admitted to getting turned on by Neil Diamond.
- Do like Marilyn Monroe did and sleep in your favourite fragrance – and nothing else.And finally, an option for those of you who are open to exploring the connection between spirituality and sensuality, breathing can heighten sensual perceptions. Try this technique before lovemaking: inhale deeply so your lower belly expands; exhale slowly and fully, using the abdominal muscles like bellows to expel air from the lungs. With each complete breath focus a lot on the base of your spine (= strength), your uterus (=sexuality), stomach (= emotions), heart (=love), throat (=expression), forehead (=intuition), and crown (=divinity). Then imagine golden beads of light caressing your entire body. When you’ve finished, concentrate on your heart and ask it what it desires. Pay attention to any physical sensations you feel in response.