Enjoy a light and healthy salad this summer by experimenting with some of your favourite seasonal fruits and vegetables. We have compiled just a few tasty recipes below which are sure to be the hit at the next dinner party!
RELATED: Summer Beetroot Salad Recipe
Ingredients: 300g couches, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 tomato, 2 tablespoons mint, honey, 1/2 lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Pour the couscous over 300ml of boiling water. Cover the bowl then let it stand for 5 minutes for the grains to fluff up.
2. Dice the peppers, tomato and mint, then whisk through the honey and lemon dressing.
Ingredients: 1/2 lettuce, 1/2 cucumber, 1 tomato, 1 stick celery, 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 cooked chicken breast, 50g ham, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, juice of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to season.
1. Line each bowl with lettuce leaves, and top off with celery, tomato and cucumber.
2. Add half of a hard-boiled egg to each dish, and divide the ham, cheese and chicken strips as well.
3. For the dressing, combine the Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon of honey, lemon and olive oil into a jar and shake. Pour it over the salad and season with salt and pepper.
Ingredients: 200g potatoes, 1/2 lettuce, 1 can white tuna, 3 tomatoes, 40g black olives, 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Peel and boil the potatoes until soft and tender. Drain well, then dice into quarters.
2. Arrange the lettuce on the bottom of each bowl, then add the tuna, tomatoes, potatoes and olives. Garnish with olive oil and cracked black pepper. Red chilli flakes also add a kick of flavour to this traditional dish.
Images via Nutritious Life, Taste Spotting, The Tolerant Vegan