This delicious mixed berry crumble is the perfect way to say goodbye to the summer season.
You can use some of your favourite frozen berries, but the recipe tastes better with something fresh. Make sure to use a springform tin so you can easily store the crumble after it’s done.
250g chopped strawberries
250g fresh blueberries
2 tbsp caster sugar
50g plain flour
30g chopped cashews
40g brown sugar
30g slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (356ºF), and line your springform tin with canola oil and baking paper.
- Place the strawberries and blueberries evenly on the bottom layer of the pan, making sure to cover any gaps.
- Combine the butter, flour, brown sugar, cashews, and slivered almonds until you have a fine paste. Squeeze it in the palm of your hands, then cover the berries. Take any leftover almonds and cashews then sprinkle them over the top.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the berries begin to ooze out. The crumble tastes just as good if it’s stored in the fridge overnight.
Image via Leites Culinaria
Next time you’re in a rush to get ready and leave home, prepare a quick granola wrap which you can eat on-the-go. You could even enjoy this meal as a snack, or lunch by swapping some ingredients and adding some protein instead. The textures will be delicious to mix together, while also keeping you fuller for longer.
1 large tortilla (wheat)
1/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup sliced bananas
2 tbsp granola
1 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
1 tbsp sugar-free strawberry jam
- Sliced all the fresh fruit, then put it aside into a bowl.
- Heat the tortilla in the microwave for 10-20 seconds, then wait until it cools down. Spread the peanut butter and jam (optional).
- Place the strawberries, bananas and granola before wrapping the tortilla and tucking in the ends.
Image and Recipe via Baking with Blondie