This light and refreshing dessert is simple to make, low in fat, and is sure to impress. Whether you have a dinner party coming up or you simply want to try something new for your family, give this recipe a go – you won’t be disappointed. Even the kids will enjoy it.
1 cup skim milk
2 cinnamon sticks
2 cups 99% fat-free diet vanilla yoghurt
¼ cup boiling water
1 tbsp gelatine powder
2 passionfruit, halved
- Combine milk and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan over a low heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- When it boils remove from the heat and set aside to cool at room temperature. Remove the cinnamon sticks from the milk.
- When the milk mixture is cool, combine with yoghurt in a large bowl.
- Pour boiling water into a jug and whisk in gelatine until it is dissolved, then stir into the milk and yoghurt mixture until smooth.
- Divide the panna cotta between four ¾ cup moulds, cover with cling wrap, place on a tray and then refrigerate for six hours or until they are firm.
- When you’re ready to serve, run a warm knife around the edge of each panna cotta then turn them onto plates.
- Pour passionfruit pulp over the panna cotta and serve.
The great thing about this recipe is you can easily change the ingredients for a different taste. Instead of using cinnamon sticks, try 2 x vanilla beans instead. Alternatively, instead of the passionfruit pulp, use a strawberry or raspberry compote. Delish!
Image via taste.com.au