If you want to keep hair out of your face, or simply are out of time when preparing for a night out, then definitely try the slicked-back look. Celebrity fans include supermodel Miranda Kerr, reality television star Olivia Palermo, and even one of our favourite actresses – Emma Watson.
This hairstyle can be worn for a variety of different events, and can also hide some third or fourth day hair (if you know what we mean). Follow these steps to achieve a flawless hairstyle which suits everyone’s face!
1. Give your hair a spritz with some texturising spray, then comb carefully from root to tip. Make sure to take particular care if you have any nasty knots at the nape of your neck – remove them by applying a bit of detangling spray.
2. Now part your hair in the middle, then comb the excess hair onto each side.
3. Taking an elastic, you can now gather your hair and tie into either a ponytail or bun at the nape of the neck. This depends on which hairstyle is better suited to the texture of your own hair. If you have layered hair, then definitely stick to a ponytail which will last longer.
4. Pin back any stray hairs, and comb through the roots to make sure there aren’t any bumps.
5. Accessorise with some fancy hair pieces if your outfit requires a little more oomph.
Image via Getty Images