That costs how much?!!
Indulge yourself after a long, hard week with this creative and warming whisky, wine and egg yolk cocktail recipe by Dominique Cacioli from Melbourne’s, The Noble Experiment.
Drawing inspiration for the cocktail from her father, Dominique said: “I based Early Bird on a traditional hot toddy and an old Italian favourite, Zabaglione (Marsala, egg yolks and sugar), bringing together one tradition with another to create a drink he loves.”
60mL Glenfiddich 14 Year Old Rich Oak
30mL hot water
15mL fresh lemon juice
2 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup Marsala wine
1/3 cup cold water
- Add egg yolk, sugar, cold water and Marsala into a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Warm mixture by putting the bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Keep whisking the mixture until it turns into a light custard. Pour the hot mixture into an iSi thermo cream gun. Charge once and shake well.
- Add all other ingredients to a small whisky sipper and stir until mixed.
- Take the iSi thermo cream gun and add approx 45mL of the hot foam on top of the drink.
Winter is the best time of year to enjoy a whiskey, with the dark spirit said to fight off even the nastiest of colds. If you don’t like your whiskey straight, however, this cocktail recipe (containing lemon and ginger tea) is the perfect alternative to help fight off those winter blues.
Teeling small batch whiskey
Lemon & ginger tea syrup (brewed tea with sugar syrup, cooled)
- Combine whiskey, lime juice, and lemon and ginger tea syrup into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice and shake.
- Strain into tumbler and garnish with berries.
Recipe courtesy of Teeling Whiskey