The Latest Trends in Anti-Ageing Skincare
How effective are department store skincare products in reversing the signs of ageing?
When looking for products you must look for Cosmeceuticals products. Cosmeceuticals cause changes in the skin and can restructure the skin. Our products, which are Cosmeceuticals, contain:
* Chirally corrected actives in the highest of concentrations.
* “Certified organic” ingredients wherever possible. (Pesticide free).
* The most advanced “clinically proven” specialty actives sourced from the world’s
most respected advanced pharmaceutical and bio-technology companies.
* In-clinic performance evaluation of each formula to ensure effectiveness.
* All fragranced ingredients are pure essential oils chosen specifically for their
Department store products are filled with fiiling ingredients and bulking ingredients so the % of actives are very low and are not active enough.
What is your best tip for maintaining great skin?
1. Using a good cleanser morning and night
2. Using products that contain Vitamin A, C, E, B3 and AHA
3. Using a hydrating moisturiser.
4. Use mineral makeup, as some makeup is to occlusive to the skin and traps dead skin cells and oil under the skin
5. Drinking lots of water
What exactly is the cabernet au chocolat age reversal salicylic acid peel?
It is an anti-ageing peel combines clinical strength Beta Hydroxy Acid with red wine
extracts and pure certified organic cocoa. The beta hydroxy acid resurfaces skin to
perfection by thoroughly disengaging layers of old discolored skin cells to reveal a
fresher, smoother surface with renewed clarity and radiance whilst red wine and organic cacao extracts bathe cells at the deepest level with powerful skin saving antioxidants to energise, protect and rebuild the appearance of firmer, less wrinkled looking skin. With just one treatment, you’ll see and feel a remarkable difference and with a short course of treatments you really will be able to lie about your age.
At what age should you consider acid peels?
There is no age limit as long as there is a concern with ageing, sundamage or pigmentation.
If you’re not ready for an acid peel, what else can be done to give the skin a pick-me-up?
A 20% lactic peel is a great pick me up peel.
What can we do about pigmentation and skin discolouration?
There are many treatments you could do, from laser treatments to peels, a skin consultation with a clinician is important, to access the skin before deciding on what treatment is best.
What is your skincare routine?
By Dr Joseph Hkeik, Medical Director All Saints Cosmedical. Visit www.allsaintscosmedical.com.au for more information.