The MAC x Mariah Carey Collection Is As Sparkly And Girly As You Hoped
All we want for Christmas is this.
In the ranking of makeup collections that are almost too pretty to use, the new MAC x Mariah Carey collection would score first place.
You might need sunglasses to look at the packaging with all that glitter, shimmer, and sparkle, but we absolutely love how girly and true to Mariah Carey’s OTT style it is. Aside from the disco ball packaging, the makeup itself is as highly pigmented and wearable as MAC fans have come to expect.
The gold and chocolate hues in the eyeshadow palettes include a subtle hint of purple sure to create a perfect smokey eye, while the lipsticks are nude perfection and the brushes are so lit – we can’t even. The whole line is like having Mariah herself throw a glitterbomb of gloriousness on you.
The collection drops on December 15, making it the perfect Christmas present for beauty aficionados and Mariah Carey fans alike (we’re obviously both). And if past MAC collabs are anything to go by, this one will sell out faster than you can list your fave Mariah Carey songs (so many!), so tell Santa to be quick, or treat yo’self to some pre-Chrissie gifts…
1. IT’S EVERYTHING Eye Shadow and I’M THAT CHICK YOU LIKE Eye Shadow
2. LASHES in LASH 05 and LASH 36
3. EXTRA DIMENSION SKINFINISH in My Mimi (warm gold shimmer)
4. LOOSE POWDER in Touch My Body (gold shimmer)
5. LIQUID EYE LINER in This Is My Night (rich brown-black)
6. PRO LONGWEAR LIP PENCIL in So Dramatique (deep brown) and New Ombré (cool peach)
7. POWDER BLUSH in You’ve Got Me Feeling (light candy pink) and Sweet Sweet Fantasy (deep coral)
8. LIPSTICK in I Get So OOC (shimmering brown – frost), All I Want (champagne shimmer – frost), Bit of Bubbly (soft pinky nude – cremesheen) and Dahhlinggg! (pinky peach – cremesheen)
9. LIPGLASS in Dreamlover (dirty pink shimmer), Little Miss Monroe (true gold shimmer), It’s Just Like Honey (tan shimmer) and Rainbow Interlude (soft white shimmer)
10. BRUSHES in 183 Buffer and 239 Eye Shader
Images via MAC.
Comment: What’s your all-time fave MAC makeup collection?