This Floating Head Is The Only Makeup Tutorial You Need This Halloween
Last year’s Halloween makeup trend might’ve been all about the Snapchat rainbow, but this year is all about the floating head, and it’s so trippy, it’s guaranteed to scare the pants off everyone at your Halloween bash.
The clever optical illusion makeup technique requires surprisingly few makeup tools or skill; it’s actually pretty easy to pull off, just like your head will look after you’ve finished! (Hehe, get it?)
Makeup artist and beauty vlogger, Aimée de la Torre’s tutorial honestly makes it look so simple, we reckon we’re going to give this a go…
Trying to get into the Halloween spirit ! THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE ON THIS LOOK!!!! ???? •• Lips: #anastasiabeverlyhills American doll •• Lashes: #nubounsom exotic! coupon code: A1DELATORRE ? •• Brows: #benebrows kabrow shade 4 •• Palette: @mehronmakeup. •• Don’t forget I have a giveaway that ends this Friday, link in bio!! • Inspo: @roxxsaurus •• #universodamaquiagem_oficial #universomakeup #Maquiagemx #maquiagembrasil #brian_champagne #Vegas_nay #wakeupandmakeup #Blendthatshit #beatthatface #inssta_makeup #ipsyos #ipsy #abhhalloween #benefitbrows #kyliecosmetics #thepowerofmakeup #makeuptutorials #ghalichiglam #makeupvideos #trendingatsephora #makeuptutorials #videosfashions #makeupclips #hudabeauty
Here’s what you need to cinch this look:
Black waterproof eyeliner
White waterproof eyeliner
A flat foundation brush
Black face paint
Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by tracing the outline of the ‘hole’ in your neck by drawing an oval in black eyeliner.
2. Paint entire neck down to collarbones in black face paint, avoiding the oval shape.
3. Trace white eyeliner around the inside of the oval to create the illusion of ‘edges’, then fill in remainder of oval with black face paint.
4. After black face paint has dried, lightly scribble a small amount of white liner underneath the top of the oval shape to create a three-dimensional look, then gently blend in using a damp brush.
5. Add your costume (here are a few last minute DIY ideas if you’re stuck) and you’re ready to scare the crap out of someone!
Images via istagram.com.