Tips To Avoid Premature Ageing With Rosalind Chapman
It is important to start taking care of your skin from your early twenties, such as moisturising and removing your makeup before going to bed. Invest in high-quality products which hydrate the skin both in the morning and at night. Rosalind Chapman the creator of Transformulas shares her top-secret tips on how to take care of your skin and avoid premature ageing.
1. Sleep on a silk pillow. It helps prevent the formation of facial lines as it doesn’t draw moisture from your face like a cotton pillow. It also helps to keep your hair soft and it prevents friction which cause breakages and thinning hair. Make sure your pillow has a thread count of at least 400, if not silk anything less won’t do the trick.
2. Prevent wrinkles and lines by making sure you get your eight hours of sleep every night. Your skin recovers and cells regenerates at night whilst you sleep.
3. Drinking water is essential and renowned as being the best beauty elixir around. It helps keep your body functioning and feeds internal organs and skin, adding plumpness and creating a natural healthy complexion from the inside out.
4. Never go to bed or leave the house without a good moisturiser like Transformulas Marine Miracle Crème – even an over active oily skin needs a moisturiser to keep the skin cells maintained and strong to support the facial framework.
5. Never leave the house without an SPF, even in winter as the UVA & UVB rays can still filter through the clouds. Look after what you have and in years to come you will be glad that you have.
6. Even young hands can look old so make sure you look after them. Always use rubber gloves when washing up and use an anti-ageing hand cream like Transformulas Youthful Hands.
7. Look after your feet – the heels can be a tell-tale sign of your age, especially dry cracked heels. Use a good body crème and after bathing always rub the cream lavishly into your feet and especially the heels – try to get into a nighttime habit of using a foot treatment – I use Youthful Hands on my feet, to give myself a youthful walking on air feeling.
8. Quite sugar if you want to keep hold of youthful skin. Sugar permanently attaches to the collagen in your skin through glycation. As well as increasing the effects of ageing, glycation can also aggravate skin conditions such as acne and rosacea.
9. Up your intake of antioxidants. There is a lot of research to suggest that oxidative damage caused by toxins and metabolism contributes to the ageing process at a cellular level. Foods such as tomatoes, red kidney beans, green tea, artichokes and blueberries pack a high antioxidant punch and protect us from free radicals that cause signs of ageing.
10. Avoid wearing perfume on your neck. The skin around your neck and décolletage is a lot thinner and more delicate compared to other parts of your body. A lot of perfumes have a high alcohol content which can cause premature ageing if worn every day. Spray onto clothes instead.
11. Look for products that contain hyaluronic acid. It’s an ingredient that is like adding rocket fuel to your moisturiser as it increases your skin’s ability to retain moisture over time. Transformulas Hydration Gold contains hyaluronic acid as well as 23 karat gold for an added touch of luxe.