Tofu San Choy Bow Recipe
A perfect dinner idea that is quick, easy, nutritious and caters for the vegetarian in the house.
350g firm tofu
1 tbsp sesame oil
300g mushrooms, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red chilli
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp tamari
4 shallots, thinly sliced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Cut tofu into large squares and place in a pan filled with water. Bring to the boil and wait for tofu to rise to the surface.
- Drain water, transfer tofu to a food processor and process until minced.
- In a wok, heat sesame oil. Add mushrooms, garlic, chilli and ground coriander. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced tofu, tamari and 3/4 of the shallots to the wok and stir through. Add lemon juice, turn heat off and stir through.
- To serve, spoon mixture into individual lettuce leaf cups, garnish with fresh coriander and remaining shallots, and serve.
Stacey has 10 years experience in both print and digital media. Her many roles in the Australian media industry include being a freelance web editor for several women’s lifestyle magazines, editor and social media manager for leading fashion and beauty website, 2threads.com and deputy chief sub editor of madison magazine. She has also worked on The Sydney Morning Herald, The Sun-Herald and the Canberra Times.