Tomato, Pickled Radish And Blood Orange Salad Recipe
With the cooler months fast approaching, it’s time to make the most of the salad season while you still can. This blood orange salad recipe is like summer in a bowl: fresh, bright and pairs perfectly with a glass of bubbles!
1 bunch radish
1 punnet baby radish
50 ml white balsamic
1 teaspoon sea salt
500g heirloom tomatoes, randomly sliced
2 blood oranges
¼ cup mint leaves, picked
¼ cup basil leaves, picked
2 balls buffalo mozzarella
- Using a mandolin, finely slice the radish. Halve the baby radish and place both into a bowl with salt and white balsamic. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Peel the blood oranges with a small knife and remove the segments using a v-cut. Squeeze out the excess juice and retain.
- For the dressing, combine blood orange juice, white balsamic, olive oil and season to taste.
- Strain the liquid from the radish, combine with tomato, orange segments, and herbs. Gently toss with half of the dressing.
- Place onto a serving plate, top with torn mozzarella, remainder of the dressing, cracked pepper and a few more mint leaves.
Recipe via Minchinbury Wines