With the cooler months fast approaching, it’s time to make the most of the salad season while you still can. This blood orange salad recipe is like summer in a bowl: fresh, bright and pairs perfectly with a glass of bubbles!
1 bunch radish
1 punnet baby radish
50 ml white balsamic
1 teaspoon sea salt
500g heirloom tomatoes, randomly sliced
2 blood oranges
¼ cup mint leaves, picked
¼ cup basil leaves, picked
2 balls buffalo mozzarella
- Using a mandolin, finely slice the radish. Halve the baby radish and place both into a bowl with salt and white balsamic. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Peel the blood oranges with a small knife and remove the segments using a v-cut. Squeeze out the excess juice and retain.
- For the dressing, combine blood orange juice, white balsamic, olive oil and season to taste.
- Strain the liquid from the radish, combine with tomato, orange segments, and herbs. Gently toss with half of the dressing.
- Place onto a serving plate, top with torn mozzarella, remainder of the dressing, cracked pepper and a few more mint leaves.
Recipe via Minchinbury Wines