Top 10 facts about your teeth!
Is bad breath a turn-off? Will yellow teeth blow your chances of scoring a date? Find out what Aussies think about your mouth with the Oral-B survey.
• 48% of Australians admit they regularly forget to brush their teeth each night, but 35% say they feel unhygienic the morning after.
• 27% confess to not brushing for three days and a further 10% have gone an entire week without brushing their teeth at all.
• When caught without a brush, 60% of people admit cleaning their teeth with their finger and 50% admit chewing gum.
• 70% of people resort to using their fingernail to scrape plaque off their teeth and a further 20% admit to using a pin. Other strange tools include scissors, earrings and a stanley knife!
• The most troubling fear Australians have about getting old is losing their teeth, with half the population saying loss of teeth and wearing dentures is more worrisome than getting wrinkles or grey hair.
• When asked about their biggest turnoffs in a partner almost 70% of Australians say bad breath is worse than body odour and an unkempt appearance.
• 76% admit to actually going out of their way to avoid someone because of their bad breath.
• 87% of respondents saying discoloured teeth impact ones’ overall appearance with 62% admitting it is a future worry.
• Nearly a quarter of the population say they would never even consider dating someone with discoloured teeth and another 30% would make their partner whiten their teeth.
• Over 60% of Aussies are self-conscious about their teeth with 10% saying they always make sure they close their mouth in photos.