Top 10 New Green Beauty Products To Love
Like your beauty au naturel? There’s no mistaking the dangers everyday chemicals pose to us in everything from our food to top-shelf beauty products. I’m loving these fabulous, new “green” luxury and anti-aging face, hair and body products which both promise and deliver much, without all the nasties. What’s more, we can all do with some extra TLC in autumn/winter! Shop to it, beauties.
RELATED: Beauty Etiquette 101: Make-up Application Dos and Don’ts
1. Mermaid Perfume Hair Shine Spray, $38: Ever wanted to make like Ariel, the iconic heroine from The Little Mermaid? Here’s your chance: Mermaid Perfume is said to be the new “it” global product. This beauty consists of heavenly orange blossom flowers and coconut oil. What’s more, it enhances hair shine, softness, elasticity, lustre and tames flyaways. Mysterious, romantic and ethereal, its stunning scent will transport you to sunnier climbs on a paradise island… Sigh. This is guilt-free beauty too, not tested on animals.
2. Waterlily Vitamin A Enriched Treatment Crème, $59, via: This is a super delicious smelling vitamin-intensive facial crème enriched with vibrant carrot and precious cold pressed oils. What’s more, there’s casings of anti-ageing vitamins for this ultimate repair treatment targeting the signs of ageing. This authentic Australian spa collection uses only the purest of natural botanical ingredients. Rich in aromatic essential oils, organic French clays, cold pressed plant oils, anti-ageing vitamins, healing herbs and lashings of exotic fruit, floral and marine extracts, this beauty brand is a feast for the senses.
3. Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Gel, $99.95: Try to turn back the clock with this cooling gel, which is perfect for normal to oily skin – especially if you live in a tropical or humid climate, as I do. Its all-natural ingredients, such as antioxidants and blueberry extract, are said to tighten and smooth the delicate eye area. Obagi products are designed to minimise the appearance of premature skin ageing, skin damage, hyperpigmentation, acne marks, and sun damage. Find them at dermatologist and plastic surgeon clinics, medical spas and via other skin care professionals.
4. Olivine Love + Salt Beach Hair and Body Mist, $25: Love + Salt is a vegan, volume-enhancing mist which will give you divine beach waves, in manner of a Californian sun goddess. Even better, you can spray it all over your body for beautifully hydrated skin thanks to “good” hydrating salts like Himalayan pink salt. And, happy days, Love + Salt is 100 per cent natural, vegan, cruelty-free and eco-friendly. It’s a love/love!
5. Grown Alchemist Regenerating Night Cream: Neuro-Peptide & Violet Leaf Extract, $84.95: This rich facial cream is formulated with a potent blend of peptides, antioxidants, vitamins and more. Its aim? To beautifully restore skin elasticity, noticeably reducing the appearance of fine lines, and soften and smooth the skin while boosting hydration. And ladies, this hard-working product does all this while you sleep. Yay! And this brand is the business: organic, anti-aging skincare, body and hair care.
6. 100% Pure Mint White Tea Moisturiser, $39.95, via: This super lightweight, non greasy, mattifying facial moisturiser is said to hydrate and nourish the skin without clogging pores. Even better, it’s packed full of skin-loving, nourishing, organic nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants to keep your skin healthy, hydrated, and looking youthful. Naturally, there’s no hidden nasties (pardon the pun), and it is instead loaded with goodness, and so is suitable for sensitive skin types, vegans and those avoiding gluten.
7. Waterlily Moroccan Rose & Guava Hand Treatment, $42, via: This luxurious hand and nail crème treatment is a rich buttery blend of cocoa and shea butters finished with precious oils of evening primrose, apricot and jojoba. Laced with an exotic blend of skin brightening fruit extracts and pro vitamin B5 and E to protect and repair nails and cuticles, I adore both its heavenly feel and smell. Treasured oils of Moroccan rose with healing benzoin complete the treatment, to promote gorgeous hands and stunning nails. Hands down, it’s a dead-set winner.
8. Tata Harper Elixir Vitae, $399, via: This supercharged, lightweight anti-aging face treatment promises to reduce wrinkles, which is lucky because, motherhood! It works by visibly smoothing the skin’s surface and filling the look of fine lines, topically delivering the visual effect of an injectable. What’s more, Tata Harper is a 100 per cent fresh, natural and cult-status beauty brand favoured by A-listers like Rachel Zoe. Sold!
9. Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Serum: Peptide-8 & e-2 Polysaccharide, $94.95: Smooth those expression lines faster than Usain Bolt, with this potent, fast-acting anti-aging serum. Peptides 8 & 6 combine to erase the look of forehead brow creases, squinting creases surrounding the eyes and feathery lines surrounding the lips. And all bases are covered with this organic, anti-aging skincare, body and hair care brand. Sign me up!
10. Obagi Professional-C Serum 10%, $69.95: Got dry, irritated, or sensitive skin? Help combat the signs of skin damage, via the healing power of Vitamin C, with this gentle yet concentrated formula. A skin antioxidant, Vitamin C is said to brighten skin, retain moisture, replenish Vitamin E and more. Your skin will love you for it!