10 Reasons To Love Lulu And Lipstick
Make like stylish beauties Beyonce, J-Lo and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley by bagging yourself cult international beauty brands favoured by the stars at new luxe beauty etailer Lulu and Lipstick. Stocking thousands of on-trend beauty and skincare brands from around the world, Lulu and Lipstick is like the beauty world equivalent of a candy shop. Here are SHESAID’s top 10 Lulu and Lipstick must-haves ahead of Christmas – go on, spoil yourself – point and click on www.luluandlipstick.com.
1. Velour Lashes You Complete Me, $34.50: The most luxurious of all fake lashes, these authentic mink babies – as flaunted by Queen Bey herself – can be worn up to 25 times. And if they’re good enough for the Queen… Perfect for the upcoming party season, the handmade lashes offer a full and luscious frame to your eyes. Love!
2. Mermaid Perfume Body Oil, $79.95: US Vogue called Mermaid Perfume: “one of the world’s nine best beauty products flying under the radar”. And this divine oil is a definite must-have; laced with sweet orange blossom and coconut – it’s for every girl who’s ever dreamt of being a mermaid.
3. Ayurda Cucumber and Basil Cleansing Milk, $69.95: Incorporating the wisdom of the ayurvedic philosophy, Ayurda takes a holistic approach to beauty with all-natural products designed to create “nutrition for the skin”. The beauty brand prides itself on being one of the first to link skincare to well-being, with products that go beyond organic. This cleansing milk is a great natural healer for fragile skin.
4. Tata Harper Restorative Eye Crème, $103.50: Recently labelled with celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe’s famous tagline “Maj”, NYC’s Tata Harper specialises in luxurious anti-aging beauty products which are completely free of synthetic and chemical ingredients. The products are 100 per cent natural and non-toxic, nourishing the skin and the spirit. What’s more, US Vogue called Tata Harper products “life-changing”.
5. Anastasia Beverley Hills Dipbrow Pomade, in Soft Brown, $39: The go-to precision perfect eyebrow products for A-listers ranging from Kim Kardashian to Oprah, Anastasia Beverley Hills was founded by beauty innovator Anastasia Soare. The award-winning beauty products work to balance and proportion features, with an extensive range of cosmetics, stencils and tools with which to create perfect eyebrows at home.
6. Beetox Manuka Honey and Bee Venom Facemask, $110: UK skin sensation Beetox has been hailed as a natural alternative to Botox. This luxurious and unique beauty product promises to rejuvenate skin. It is said to provide deep penetration, improve micro-circulation in the renewal of damaged skin cells and stimulate the facial muscles, thus creating lifting, tightening and firming effects. Bees were not harmed in the sourcing of the ingredients. Yay!
7. Lulu and Lipstick Make-up Bag, $24.95: This cute and cheerful cosmetics bag capitalises on the pineapple fashion and interiors trend that so hot right now. A pop of colour for your handbag, Lulu’s signature make-up bag is surprisingly large – you’ll easily fit a vast array of cosmetics in there. Bag it, baby.
8. Pink Holiday Lipstick in Love In Portofino, $28.75: Renew your love affair with pink lipstick with this luscious lip smacker from the NYC beauty brand. Pink Holiday’s lip formula is colour-saturated; moisturing, but light on the lips; colour-true and anti-aging. What’s more, this beautiful, bright pink will give you soft, kissable lips. Pinkilicious!
9. DERMAdoctor KP Duty Body Scrub With Chemical and Physical Exfoliation, $52.90: US celebrity cult brand DERMAdoctor Specialist Skin Care provides the latest solutions to common skincare problems such as rosacea, keratosis pilaris and melasma. And with Brazilian model and designer Camila Alves crediting this product for her recent, flawless Oscars skin – it’s worth a whirl, to be sure!
10. Lime Crime Lipstick in Babette, $23: Make-up renegades from Los Angeles, Lime Crime strive to create the most kick-arse true-to-colour, cruelty-free and vegan cosmetics possible. This vampy pastel coral shade (pictured at top and below) is bold, opaque and colour-drenched. It’s perfect for hot, hot, hot summer parties and just the thing to complement on-trend maxis.