Top 10 Tips To Make Your House A Home
Leading interior designer and co-host of Selling Houses Australia Shaynna Blaze knows all about how to turn your house into a home, and it doesn’t cost a fortune.
1. Look at your house as the big picture first to see how each room will relate to each other.
2. A cheap ‘freshen-up’ is with paint.
3. If you’re afraid of colour put it in your rugs and cushions.
4. If you aren’t confident stick to one style of furniture in a room.
5. Make sure there is one main focal point in each room.
6. Use lighting to create mood as well as just lighting the room.
7. Look at ways to have as much storage in a room as possible, like having an ottoman with a lid.
8. Make your home work for your family’s lifestyle and you will always be more comfortable.
9. Clutter is your enemy, so toss out a box of stuff every six months.
10. Don’t treat your home as a shrine, every room should be lived in.
Shaynna will be at the Grand Designs Australia LIVE event at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour. The event runs from 21 to 23 October. To purchase tickets call Ticketek on 132 849 or visit www.granddesignslive.com.au.