Put those curling tongs away! Celebrity hairdresser Barney Martin says summer hair will be less bombshell-inspired, and more natural and unstated.
Barney says, “For starters, it’s time to pack up your curling tongs and think natural
texture and long grown out layers.
“Hair is moving away from the Kardashian and Victoria Secrets bombshell look
and moving towards a more unstated look, just like the fashion from the
And if you’re wondering whether to make the chop, Barney says you should go for it! “Spring and summer is a great time to go short and try something different!”
Barney’s top 5 summer hair trends:
1. Geometric cuts are back! “This may be hairdressers ode to the late Vidal
Sassoon,” Barney adds.
2. Texture cuts but with clean perimeters and tidy around the edges.
3. Great Gatsby-inspired short bobs.
4. Short choppy fringes cut above the brows – or to the other extreme, big
5. A contrast of either muted down colours or bleach blondes with pastel tips following the dip dye trend.
Barney Martin, 399 Riley Street, Surry Hills NSW, 02 9212 0204.
What’s your favourite summer hair trend?