Top 5 Tips To Combat Everyday Stress
Guy Leach’s Top 5 Tips To Combat Everyday Stress
One in two Australians are experiencing a level of stress that could be making them sick, according to a new poll conducted as part of Lifeline’s Stress Down day. Ironman and Bupa Health and Wellness advisor Guy Leach shares his top five tips for combating everyday stress:
1. Get active Exercise programs have been proven to help reduce anxiety and exercising for as little as 30 minutes a day, as recommended in the National Physical Activity Guidelines, may help to combat stress while keeping you in good physical condition.
2. Eat a healthy, balanced diet A healthy diet is one of your best tickets to good health. Good health means one less thing to stress about.
3. Get enough good, quality sleep Lack of sleep affects both our mental performance and our mood. Bupa Healthwatch research found that sleep-deprived people reported feeling more stressed, sad, angry, mentally exhausted and less optimistic about their lives as a whole.
4. Stop smoking and limit the amount of caffeine you drink Nicotine in cigarettes and caffeine in coffee, cola and energy drinks are stimulants that may increase your stress levels.
5. Be smart about how much alcohol you choose to drink It’s likely that drinking too much may negatively affect how well you perform, increasing the stress you’re under.
Stress management doesn’t have to be overwhelming. For more stress-relieving tips and advice, visit Bupa’s website.
How do you like to destress?