The big chill’s coming, baby, so it’s time to banish those winter blues with a little bit of help from beauty land.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to stock up on good-quality products to safeguard your skin against the bitter cold. Two of my favourite ‘green’ beauty brands, Arbonne and Burt’s Bees, will do just that, as well as providing extra hydration and TLC. Here are She Said’s top 5 tips on how you can maintain a healthy glow this winter, sister.
- Switch to a creamy cleanser: A temperature drop can leave your skin feeling dry, dull and cracked. Instead of reaching for your gel cleanser, make the switch to a creamy cleanser which works hard to remove dirt and make-up without stripping your skin of if its natural oils and moisture. Try: Arbonne RE9 Advanced Smoothing Facial Cleanser, $61, which comes in a rich, pearlescent formula and gently washes away make-up and impurities, leaving skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
- Indulge in a weekly treatment mask: Winter skin requires extra TLC and calls for a pampering treatment mask which goes the extra mile. Complement your night beauty cream by treating yourself to a moisturising mask once a week. This will help to banish dry skin and give your face an extra boost of much-needed hydration. Try: Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Treatment Mask, $39.95. This baby will leave your skin feeling as soft and supple as a baby’s bum.
- Nourish your skin overnight: Want to sleep your way to glowing skin? Invest in an overnight, leave-on mask which works the night shift to hydrate, nourish and smooth your skin – all while you sleep! Try: Arbonne RE9 Advanced Intense Hydration Overnight Mask, $84, which replenishes skin with an extra boost of moisture. The soothing and fast-absorbing formula means you can go to bed with this mask on without feeling greasy. Even better, you’ll wake up to a dewy and refreshed complexion.
- Pucker up to a hydrating lip balm: Chapped lips are a definite deal breaker in winter. Keep dry, cracked lips at bay with a moisturising lip balm that works to soothe and nourish so that you can keep your pout soft and kissable 24/7. Try: Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Squeezable Beeswax Lip Balm, $8.95. A big favourite of mine, this low-cost superstar contains moisturising beeswax and vitamin E to keep lips soft and replenished, plus a splash of peppermint for that signature tingle. Love!
- Pamper your hands and feet: Investing in a good skincare regime for your face is a must in winter, but don’t forget about the other hard-working parts of your body as well. Look for rich and pampering creams for your hands and feet to help shield them from the harsh, dry elements of winter. Try: Burt’s Bees Coconut Foot Cream, $24.95. This lovely cream combines coconut oil, lanolin and vegetable glycerin to revive and rejuvenate even the driest, most neglected feet. It’s a winter must-have and smells heavenly to boot.