Who hasn’t been thinking of changing up their hair colour for the summer, or maybe trying a new cut or style? Celebrity hairdresser Dario Cotroneo has revealed his top style and colour trends for spring/summer.
“Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is our muse this summer,” says Dario. “Her hair is a fabulous mix of bold colour tones which create a healthy glow and colour palette. As the temperature rises, it’s time to brighten up and refresh your tresses to compliment your complexion.” At DARIO Salon this look is achieved with a unique technique called Riviera Lights which shapes colour around the face.
For blondes and brunettes this spring/summer, the colour palette is fresh and inspiring. Blondes become lighter with earthy tones such as strawberry and golden coppers placed throughout the top areas of the head, and brunettes are softened with golden browns to reflect a more natural sun-kissed look.
Hairstyle trends that will be gracing our warmer months are an assortment of curls, still much in demand from the red carpet to the concrete catwalk. From chic and luxe, to playful and off-duty, curls are set to be a hit this season.
In complete contrast, a very minimal style is making waves of a different kind (pictured above).
“This style is all about ‘minimal, simplistic hair’ so it works perfectly when you are wearing an outfit that is classic and powerful in design – this will show off your inner confidence,” says Dario.
However, before you hit the salon to embark on a new season colour or style, it’s a good idea to make sure you are doing everything you can to protect your hair come the warmer months, especially as the glorious sun turns up the heat!
Dario and his team of expert stylists share their top salon tips to ensure you’re locks are healthy and ready for the new season antics!
- Always use professional products for coloured hair, as recommended by your stylist/colourist.
- Be sure to invest in a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week!
- It may come as a surprise, but avoid washing your hair everyday. Try to shampoo only every second or third day. If your hair becomes oily, use a dry shampoo or (sneaky tip!) sprinkle baby powder on your roots.
- Stock up on vitamins such as silica and fish oil as these are great hair strengtheners!
- Be sure to maintain regular haircuts and salon treatments at least every six weeks to encourage hair growth by removing split ends.
Long hair? Short chop? What’s your favourite summer hairstyle?