Top Tips To Bring Warmth Into A Space This Winter
Marsha Golemac is a multi-disciplinary creative working who has been known for her installations and creative flex. Her aesthetic has become recognisable for orderly, clean lines and a considered use of simplistic shapes and colour which is changing the future of interior design and decadence. Here she shares with us her top tips on how to bring warmth into a space this winter:
- Winter is all about texture and lashings of layers. Solid, heavy textiles on the bed will add dimension, warmth and decadence to the bedroom this winter. Super chunky knit blankets will add some depth, decadence and help to define the space.
- Nothing says winter warmer than the natural properties of plaid or crochet blankets. Add sophistication and beauty at the end of your bed with an exotic full-size quilt in rich earth-tone fabrics. If you have a non-carpeted bedroom, a soft rug can make it easier to get out of bed in the morning whilst adding a visual layer of warmth to the space. Place one at the side of your bed so as soon as your feet hit the ground they aren’t in winter shock. Keep it simple. A neutral colour palette is the key to a great bedroom because you can subtly or dramatically change the room by adding cost-effective accessories like cushions and throws. A floor runner or rug can also help to bring art to your home. Beware: Measure the room accurately so that it fits the room and doesn’t overpower or underwhelm the setting.
- To transform a bedroom from summer to winter apply feature wallpaper to one area of the room. Believe it or not, a Canadian winter cabin can be easily brought indoors! This will help to create an artistic focal point.
- Lighting adds atmosphere to any room. By adding one small lamp for the bedside and one larger one in the opposite corner of the room, the inconsistency of the placement will create a warmer ambiance than having directional light on each side of the bed. Candles are an inexpensive alternative and especially when scents such as fig and firewood are available. Instant winter scent.
- Artwork adds colour and personality to every lounge room. For smaller rooms select artwork in lighter colours or mirrors bordered by heavy metallic silver frames which will add depth and help to open the space.