Did you know that the first mention of French toast was in the 14th century? This traditional French delicacy is soaked in a bowl of milk and eggs, then fried until golden brown.
While there are many modern adaptions which include delicious fruits and syrup, we have tracked down the perfect recipe which will become your holy grail!
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup half and half
2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter
1/2 loaf of sliced bread
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Whisk together the milk, half and half, eggs, honey and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Soak each slice of bread for 10 seconds on each side, and transfer onto a tray.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter into a flat pan, and cook the toast on both sides until golden brown in colour.
- For extra crunch and texture, then bake in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite scoop of vanilla ice cream, powdered sugar, syrup, and seasoned berries.
Image and Recipe via Laundry in Louboutins, My Invisible Crown