Why not treat yourself to a delicious chocolate cheesecake… without the added calories?
Our recipe is one of the tastiest raw desserts you’ll ever try, and is made with cacao for the filling, then a few different nuts for the crunchy base.
2 tablespoons yeast flakes
40g raw cacao
150ml coconut oil
60g coconut blossom syrup
160g brazil nuts
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
80ml coconut oil
- Prepare a 10 inch spring form tin by lining the base with baking paper or cling-wrap.
- Soak the cashews in the water for 30 minutes while you make the base.
- To make the base put the almonds and brazil nuts into a food processor and blend until a crumb like texture. Add in the dates, coconut oil and vanilla essence and blend again until it become sticky and easy to form into balls.
- Push into the base of the tin until its really compact and then put it into the fridge.
- To make the filling pour the soaked cashews, the remaining water, raw cacao, yeast flakes, coconut oil and coconut palm syrup in a high speed blender. Blend until a completely smooth, velvety texture.
- Take the base out the fridge and pour the chocolate filling into the cake tin. Make sure that it is flat on the top buy banging the tin on your work top surface – this will help to level it out.
- Put into the freezer for 4-6 hours or in the fridge for at least 8 hours to set.
- When ready to serve carefully take out of the cake tin and decorate with some berries.
Image and Recipe courtesy of Honestly Healthy Food