On-Trend Nail Polish Colours For Winter
The seasons changing just gives us another good excuse to stock up on some brand new nail polish. It is an easy (and affordable) way to spice up your outfit without draining your entire back account. Rather than sticking with the traditional dark winter shades, experiment with some fabulous colours which are sure to brighten your mood, and make any outfit pop!
A far cry from deep red’s and blacks, white is a fantastic colour if you aren’t scared of dealing with the possibility of chipped nails. Rather, think of it as a neutral shade; it goes with almost any outfit, and is subtle enough to wear at work or any other special occasion you’ve got going on.
Essie Nail Colour in Marshmallow $16.95.
Darker colours such as burgundy or blood red fit in better with a winter wardrobe. These colours are easy to find, and are available in a number of shades to suit your particular skin type. If you want to be super-trendy, try out a matte shade which has winter written all over it! Matte nail polishes not only dry faster, but are a nice change if you’re over the glossy finish.
Sinful Colours Nail Enamel in Sugar Sugar $4.95.
Navy shades are beautiful for anyone who isn’t daring enough for a brown/black polish. They still give off a strong winter vibe, but aren’t overwhelming for the daytime either. Don’t forget to apply a coat of shiny-gloss to make your nails last longer, and add an extra sparkle.
OPI Russian Navy $19.95.
Probably the staple and most on-trend nail polish of the season, dark purple shades glimmer in the light and give off an amazing colour for any skin type. Equipped with a glittery formula, they suit both matte and glossy finishes which can be achieved with almost any top coat on the market.
Our pick is definitely OPI Lincoln Park After Dark $19.95.
Shades of silver, gold and almost anything in between embody the most trendiest polishes for winter. They offer a sophisticated sparkle which is weather appropriate, and are probably defined best as glitter for adults. The creamy lacquers are easy to apply, dry in an instant and will last you a very long time without chipping.
Butter London Nail Lacquer in Diamond Geezer $22.
- For an at-home manicure, exfoliate your hands to achieve the best possible application. Exfoliating gloves are great for washing away dry skin, and will leave your hands (and cuticles) feeling soft and luxurious.
- Shape your nails, push back your cuticles and file down any areas before putting on polish. This will save you the hassle of removing nail polish down the line.
- If you’ve made a mistake, quickly dip a cotton tip into the nail polish remover. This is a quick way to fix any errors you’ve made, rather than starting over.
- To achieve a flawless finish, wait until the previous layer has dried before painting your nails again. This could cause bubbles and make it that much longer to dry.
- Use a spray or oil to get your nails to dry faster. Oils are great to use since they nourish cuticles with vitamin E and repair dry skin around the nail. Try, Essence Express Dry Drops $3.50.
- Moisturise your hands after the nail polish has dried. This won’t interfere with the application, but nourish dry or cracked skin.
Image via Beauty Xoxo
By Felicia Sapountzis