Calling all pizza-lovers, this recipe is something you definitely need to try at least once! Twisted pizza breadsticks are the perfect party snack if you’re entertaining, or merely just want to create a yummy treat which everyone will enjoy. However, feel free to substitute any ingredients if they don’t fit in with your eating plan.
900g frozen bread dough, thawed in the refrigerator for 24 hours
350g pizza sauce (feel free to make your own)
1 bag mini pepperoni or other topping of your choice
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning or dried basil and oregano
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC or alternatively 180ºC fan forced.
- Roll out each loaf of dough to a thick rectangle which is as big as your hand. Make sure the surfaced has been well-floured, to avoid any sticky mess.
- Then spread about 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce over each rectangle you create. Don’t put too much – only enough to just cover the surface.
- Sprinkle the pepperoni, other toppings or vegetables of your choice on each rectangle before doing the same with the mozzarella cheese.
- Now pat down the toppings and twist 2 times before placing each rectangle on lined baking paper. Sprinkle a touch of parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning before popping them into the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, then remove and let them cool on the tray.
- Serve alone or with your favourite dipping sauce.
Recipe and Image via Andi Gleeson