The Ultimate Chicken Soup Recipe
If you are feeling under the weather, or simply just want a pick-me-up from the cold weather, then chicken soup is the best meal.
Our recipe taste just 15 minutes to prepare, and will become your go-to for the cold and flu season. Add a few of your favourite vegetables and soft noodles for some extra body if you’re feeling hungry.
6 chicken thighs
2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
1 onion (peeled)
1 stick of celery
1 small turnip
Half a small Swede
1 chicken stock cube
Salt and pepper
- Fill a large pot with cold water then cook the chicken thighs over medium heat.
- Bring the water to a boil, making sure to skim all the excess at the top with a small spoon.
- Add all the vegetables, chicken stock cube, tomato, salt and pepper, and cover with the lid until it begins to boil again.
- Slightly turn down the heat then let it simmer for about an hour.
- Boil the pasta in a different pot, then add it into the chicken soup. Season again with salt and pepper.
Image and Recipe via Lily Pebbles, Modern Magazine