The Ultimate Chocolate Muffin Dessert
Despite what you might think, dark chocolate does have some health benefits, except when combined with sugar, eggs and white flour we can’t exactly say that it’s ‘healthy’. So I’m not going to lie, this recipe is definitely NOT healthy but it’s a fabulous treat if you have friends coming over for dinner or you simply need to indulge in some chocolate. They take less than thirty minutes to make and I can guarantee they won’t disappoint!
300g of good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
125g butter, roughly chopped
1¾ cups self-raising flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
¾ cup milk
3 80g Mars bars, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a six hole jumbo muffin pan.
- Place half of the chocolate into a bowl with the butter and place over a gently simmering saucepan of water without letting the bowl touch the water.
- Stir occasionally until melted then set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl then add sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk milk and eggs together.
- Combine milk and egg mixture with dry ingredients and then add the melted chocolate.
- Stir together then divide the mixture between the six muffin pans.
- Bake for twenty minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from muffin pans and set aside to cool.
- Melt remaining chocolate in a bowl over a gently simmering saucepan of water.
- Cool slightly then drizzle some chocolate over the Mars bar slices before piling them on top of the muffins.
- Drizzle muffins with the last of the chocolate and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Image via taste.com.au