Unicorn Toast Is Now A Thing And We’re Officially OBSESSED
Tasty AND pretty.
There’s something about unicorns that never stops being appealing, no matter how old we get.
Perhaps it’s the sense of magic and mystery they evoke, their pretty rainbow manes or the reminder of our childhoods. Whatever it is, little and grown-up girls alike are suckers for anything unicorn-themed, and the latest foodie trend to hit the interwebs, unicorn toast, is no exception.
Enchantingly pretty and unbelievably tasty, the best thing about this pretty 3p.m. snack is how insanely cheap and easy it is to whip up. All you need are a couple of spare minutes and a few basic ingredients.
Here’s how to make rainbow grilled cheese toast worthy of a unicorn…
What you need:
A pack of grated cheese
4 different food colorings of your choice
2 pieces of bread
How it’s done:
1. Take four small handfuls of the grated cheese and separate out into four small bowls.
2. Add a couple of drops of the first food coloring to the first bowl, then repeat the process with the second food coloring in the second bowl, then the third and the forth.
3. Using your hands, lightly toss the cheese through the coloring in each bowl until it’s thoroughly coated.
4. Sprinkle each bowl of cheese one at a time in lines along one piece of the bread to form a rainbow pattern.
5. Add the remaining piece of bread to the top, then toast in a lightly oiled sandwich press for two minutes, or until crispy and golden. Serve immediately.
Here are some of our fave Instagram recreations of this deliciously pretty food craze…
A photo posted by Soondaelin (@lslin8115) on
A photo posted by Suyeon Koo (@sudokoo) on
Images and video via youtube.com and instagram.com.