Valentine’s Day Desserts: Flourless Chocolate Puddings Recipe
TV chef Dominique Rizzo shares the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert: a decadent flourless chocolate pudding recipe that will win the heart – and tastebuds of your honey!
2/3 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 cup butter
680g semi or bitter sweet chocolate, in small pieces
2/3 cup espresso coffee or your favourite liquor, orange juice or softened berries
1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Basil
500g strawberries, washed and sliced
1 tbsp icing sugar
¼ cup orange juice
1. For the basil and strawberry salad, combine Gourmet Garden Basil, strawberries, icing sugar and orange juice in a bowl. Toss together and sit in the fridge until ready for use.
2. Preheat the oven to 160C.
3. Grease and flour 10 ramekins with butter and cocoa, or if using a spring-form tin, line with alfoil and baking paper.
4. Place the water and sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Take off the heat and add in the butter and the chopped chocolate and stir gently to melt the chocolate. Add in the eggs one by one whisking as you add each egg until the mixture is thick and glossy. Once the eggs have been whisked in pour the chocolate batter into the tin or ramekins (2/3 full) and place in a water bath and cook for 25-30 minutes until slightly wobbly in the centre.
5. Once cooked, remove the tin or ramekins from the water bath and allow to cool just enough to invert the puddings from the moulds, a few minutes. Serve with double cream and the basil and strawberry salad.
What are you cooking for Valentine’s Day?