We’ve had a craving for good ol’ pikelets, so we’re sharing this best pikelet recipe which makes a healthy breakfast or delightful afternoon tea. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and fresh strawberries or homemade jam and maple syrup.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4
1 cup (245g) five:am Vanilla Bean organic yoghurt (additional to serve)
2 free range organic eggs
1 cup organic self raising flour
Cooking oil spray
Fresh strawberries and jam, to serve
1. Beat eggs lightly in a bowl. Add five:am organic yoghurt and whisk.
2. Add flour and whisk until combined. Mixture should be soft dropping consistency (it should drop slowly off a spoon without shaking it). Allow mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and lightly spray with cooking oil.
4. Place one tablespoon of the mixture for each pikelet into the frying pan, cook several at a time.
5. When small bubbles form on the edge of the pikelets, flip them. Cook until the underside is golden and remove from pan to cool. Repeat until mixture is finished. Makes approximately 24 pikelets.
6. To serve, spread pikelets with your favourite jam, a small dollop of five:am Vanilla Bean organic yoghurt and fresh strawberries.
1. Pikelets can be made ahead of time and frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.