This grown-up take on jelly and fruit is easy to whip up and ideal for serving at BBQs or weekend lunches. Substitute mango or strawberries or mix it up for a colourful twist. The recipe uses vegetarian gelling powder, making a great alternative to gelatin!
250ml whipping cream
1 tsp Queen Vanilla Extract
1 Queen Jel-it-in
½ cup caster sugar
¼ cup water
1 tsp arrowroot
1. Blitz the passionfruit pulp in a blender or food processor for a couple of seconds to break it up.
2. In a small saucepan, place the sugar and water. Heat the pot, stirring over low heat until the sugar dissolves the let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the chopped up passionfruit pulp and simmer it all for another 2 minutes.
4. Mix up the arrowroot with 1tbsp of water to dissolve the arrowroot then add it to the passionfruit pot. Stir and then simmer it for another minute or two until thick and saucy. Transfer it to a jug to cool and then chill.
5. Dissolve Queen Jel-it-in in 200ml of milk. Pour it into a medium-sized saucepan and add the cream, vanilla, sugar and remaining milk.
6. Heat the pot over a gentle heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves then continue to heat, stirring until the mixture starts to bubble.
Divide it between serving jars or ramekins and leave to come to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. To serve, divide the passionfruit sauce between the ramekins.
What’s your favourite easy dessert?