Very Cherry Trifle
Cherries scream summer, so does trifle! Combine them and you have a delicious dessert – serve them in mismatched vintage glasses for a really elegant look for holiday entertaining.
Ingredients – makes 6?
1 tbs kirsch
2 tbs cherry jam
cup icing sugar
250g Greek yoghurt
6x3cm slices butter cake
¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
6 whole cherries, to garnish
Sour cherry jelly
3 sheets titanium gelatine leaf
600ml sour cherry juice
1. Bring sour cherry juice to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes until soft. Squeeze out any excess water and add to sour cherry juice, stirring until gelatine has dissolved.
3. Evenly divide mixture into large individual glasses (about 500ml in capacity) and distribute cherries amongst the glasses too. Place in fridge for 3 hours or until set.
4. Stir kirsch, jam and icing sugar into mascarpone and yoghurt until combined.
5. Cut butter cake slices into 3 fingers and place on top of jelly.
6. Spoon over mascarpone mixture, sprinkle with almonds and garnish with cherries.
What’s your favourite cherry recipe?