With summer just around the corner, a light yet satisfying meal is the order of the day – especially at dinnertime. Try this warm beef salad to give you the iron your body needs as well as crucial vitamins and minerals to keep you powering into the warmer weather.
360g lean beef rump steak
425g whole baby beetroot, drained
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
100g reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
Olive oil spray
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut each beetroot into 4 wedges. Cook asparagus in saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, refresh under cold running water and drain.
- Add asparagus to beetroot and feta and combine.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Spray with oil.
- Season steaks with pepper and grill for 3 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 3 minutes until medium-rare (or done to your liking).
- Remove steak from the heat and transfer to chopping board. Cover with foil and stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add basil and rocket to the asparagus/beetroot/feta mix and divide between 4 plates.
- Thinly slice beef across the grain and place on top of the salad.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe via The Healthy Mummy