Warming Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Spice up your life with this chipotle chicken tortilla soup recipe! A delightful balance between heat and flavour thanks to the Cholula Hot Sauce, this dish will please even the fussiest of taste buds. Serve with extra sauce for an added kick!
10 – 13 cm corn tortillas
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups water
400g can chicken broth
1 cup canned Mexican-style tomatoes with juices
½ tsp ground cumin
1 garlic clove, minced
1 bay leaf, minced
Dried crushed red capsicum
450g boneless and skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 green onions, diced
¼ cup Cholula Hot Sauce
Tortilla strips for topping
- Brush each side of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into 1/4 inch strips. Lay strips on baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius until golden brown.
- In saucepan combine water, broth, tomatoes, cumin, garlic, bay leaf and red capsicum and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5-6 minutes. Add chicken and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, including Cholula Hot Sauce. Remove bay leaf.
- Ladle soup into four bowls. Top with salt, pepper and tortilla strips.