Celebrity Hairstyles: Blake Lively’s Braided Updo
Award-winning hairstylist Lizzie Liros shows us how to achieve one of our favourite hair up styles, Blake Lively’s effortless goddess look which would be perfect for a boho wedding.
1. Apply a volumizing mousse on dry hair and blow-dry until completely dry.
2. Taking the hair in small sections curl all the hair with a medium curling iron.
3. Run your hands through the hair to separate the curls and to create soft movement throughout the hair.
4. Create a side part. Then leaving a small section of hair at the crown of the head for the fringing, start to do a loose braid on the opposite side to your part, taking the braid to the tips of the hair. Don’t be too worried about incorporating each strand of hair, a loose braid is perfect for this bo-ho glam look.
5. Once braided, wrap the hair into a loose loop at the nape of the neck and pin into place ad desired.
6. Smooth out the front section with your fingers away from your face and take a few strands to the bun and pin, leaving a couple of stands to fall freely around your face.
Tip: To add natural looking highlights to your hair to perfectly create this bo-ho style, Lizzie recommends Amazing Hair Australia Tape-In Hair Extensions, which start at $50.00 for highlights.
What do you think of Blake Lively’s braided updo?
For more information on Lizzie Liros visit www.lizzieliros.com.