Award-winning hairstylist Lizzie Liros shows us how to achieve one of our favourite hair up styles, Blake Lively’s effortless goddess look which would be perfect for a boho wedding.
1. Apply a volumizing mousse on dry hair and blow-dry until completely dry.
2. Taking the hair in small sections curl all the hair with a medium curling iron.
3. Run your hands through the hair to separate the curls and to create soft movement throughout the hair.
4. Create a side part. Then leaving a small section of hair at the crown of the head for the fringing, start to do a loose braid on the opposite side to your part, taking the braid to the tips of the hair. Don’t be too worried about incorporating each strand of hair, a loose braid is perfect for this bo-ho glam look.
5. Once braided, wrap the hair into a loose loop at the nape of the neck and pin into place ad desired.
6. Smooth out the front section with your fingers away from your face and take a few strands to the bun and pin, leaving a couple of stands to fall freely around your face.
Tip: To add natural looking highlights to your hair to perfectly create this bo-ho style, Lizzie recommends Amazing Hair Australia Tape-In Hair Extensions, which start at $50.00 for highlights.
What do you think of Blake Lively’s braided updo?
For more information on Lizzie Liros visit www.lizzieliros.com.
Julia has lived and worked in London, Amsterdam, and New York, and is obsessed with food. She's either cooking or thinking about what to eat next. Follow Julia on Twitter.