Whether you have a wedding coming up or simply just need some inspiration for your own, why not channel Marilyn Monroe when it comes to your hairstyle. The 1950’s are perfect for any bride looking for an elaborate undo, defined curls and a real statement style. Below are just a few classic hairdos to get the ideas rolling.
Short and twirled
A classic look which is perfect for any hair type. Requires minimal effort – simply curl hair and pin back before setting with hairspray.
- Curl the front hairs which frame the face, then loop and pin back the sections. Do this on the rest of your hair (you may need help or another mirror at the back, to see what you’re doing).
- Pin the front curls over to one side – this will make the hair look vintage-inspired. Then set with hairspray!
Voluminous and pinned back
Works well for women who have medium to long hair, which is very thick and course. If you want to create a little more volume on thinner hair, this is also the perfect style which will mask any problem areas.
- Add some mousse to wet hair, then blow dry it on a low heat. Then set the hair in velcro rollers for approximately an hour.
- Carefully remove the rollers and tease hair at the crown to create volume. Twist the sides of the hair, then pin back and secure into place.
- Secure with as many bobby pins as you need. Choose a colour which will blend in with your own hair.
- Brush the curls inward to make hair look full and more voluminous. Pin the waves back, then set it all with hairspray.
Images via Makeup, Style Me Pretty