What does your make-up say about you?
The hue of your lippy or nail polish can say more about you than you think writes Carla Caruso.
I have always been a little fearful of wearing red lipstick and now I am beginning to understand why. It’s not “my” colour. Sydney colour therapist Angelica Walker, behind The Colour Rose with business partner Karen Mallison, says the hues you grab from your make-up bag can say a lot about who you are and how you’re feeling.
“You wear colours to strengthen who you already are or to move towards the person you want to be,” Angelica says. “Your lip colour may be who you are and the nail polish, which you see every time you look down, might say more about where you’re going. So, you might wear a soft pink lipstick, but don red nails, if you want to feel bolder.”
Angelica and Karen performed Aura-Soma readings at the launch of Glam by Manicare’s new beauty range (including nail enamels, lip gloss, fashion lashes and artificial nails.) Aura-Soma readings can help to predict your future, based on your preference of particular colours. This is ascertained by you picking four bottles out of 105 differently coloured containers on display.
And, it’s not just modern-day hype. Angelica says colour therapy has its roots in the ancient civilisations of Egypt and Atlantis. Here are five lippy shades and what they say about you, according to Angelica.
• Dusty pink represents love. It’s about self-love. So, when you wear light pink, it’s about self-acceptance and a softening.
• Red is passion. It’s obviously sexual, but it can also be sensual. It grounds you. It’s quite strong and persuasive. (Pink, on the other hand, is more about gentle persuasion.)
• Magenta is the colour of compassion and grace. Someone who is attracted to magenta has a great attention to detail. However, they can also get bogged down in the minutiae.
• Coral represents wisdom. It’s about a person, who likes cooperation and community. People who are attracted to coral make very good project managers.
• Purple is all about healing. It’s a beautiful colour. It’s about transforming from where you are to where you want to be. It’s the ability to transform whatever you need to.
For more on The Colour Rose, visit www.thecolourrose.com.au. For Glam by Manicare stockists, phone 1800 651 146. The complete Glam range will be available from mid-August in Target, Kmart, Priceline, Myer and leading pharmacies. (We particularly like the fashion lashes, named after celebs like Beyonce, Madonna and Rihanna!)
By Carla Caruso, www.diamondsandwhirls.com