Meeting your new man’s parents can be scarier than a “Saw” marathon but we’re here to help you ease the pain!
According to gossip reports, Madonna is “on edge” about meeting her boyfriend’s parents.
The singer is set to fly to Brazil to meet her 23-year-old boyfriend Jesus Luz’s mother Cristiane Regina da Silva and his father Luis Heitor Pinto da Luz.
A friend of model Jesus said: “She is slightly on edge. Jesus wants to marry and be taken seriously. She doesn’t want to lose Jesus and so the visit to his parents is her way of saying she will make this relationship permanent.
He wants proof of commitment and he wants her to make an honest man of him.”
As it you wouldn’t be on edge?! She’s 30 years older than him! How would you feel if your son bought home a cougar like Madonna?
Cougar or not, meeting the folks of your new man can be nerve-wracking so here are some dos and don’ts to help you through.
– Be polite, look them in the eye and listen to what they’re saying.
– Offer to bring something. If they refuse at least take a bottle of wine or some chocolates.
– Compliment them on their house – most people are house proud.
– Eat whatever you are given. (This might be hard for Madonna since she is vegan!)
– Dry hump on their couch – it’s not the time for PDAs.
– Bring up ex-boyfriends!
– Treat it like a job interview and give them your CV. Just be yourself.
– Talk money, politics, religion or anything else controversial. There will be plenty of time for that later!
Got any tips or funny experiences to share?
Looking for love? Check out Oasis Dating and chat to thousands of single guys. It’s free!
Image courtesy “Meet The Fockers”.