Lindt White Chocolate and Rose Petal Mousse
Recipe by Thomas Schnetzler, Lindt Maître Chocolatier
“Mum deserves an extra special treat on Mother’s Day. This is a very easy recipe even the kids can make, with a little help. I used a special rose-shaped mold to set the mousse but any shape will do. Serve it to Mum with some fresh fruit purée and of course a big hug.”
Serves: 8 Cooking time: 20mins
180g Lindt Lindor White Chocolate, broken into pieces
1 egg white
2 leaves gelatine – gold grade preferable
12ml Galliano (optional)
250ml cream, whipped
A small handful of bright rose petals, washed, dried and julienned
1. Whip the egg, egg white and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Soak the gelatine in ice water for 10 minutes then squeeze out all excess water.
3. Place the rosewater and Galliano in a medium saucepan over a medium gentle heat. Mix in the gelatine leaves and stir until dissolved.
4. In the meantime, gently melt the white Lindor chocolate and mix with the gelatine mixture. Stir well to ensure there are no lumps.
5. Fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped egg. Once incorporated, gently fold in whipped cream. Lastly fold in the rose petals. Place mousse in individual moulds or a cling film-wrapped cake tin. Allow to set for two hours.
6. Once set, turn out the mousse onto your serving plate, and decorate with extra rose petals. Serve at room temperature.