Each week, SHESAID is teaming up with some of the most influential and creative food bloggers to bring you a variety of healthy, nutritious and most importantly – delicious, recipes from the social sphere.
With spring just around the corner take some inspiration from food blogger Arielle Zinn (aka @cocohealth) with this chilli roasted corn and sweet potato salad recipe! “I love making a big salad like this one at the start of the week and keeping it in the fridge for easy meals,” says Arielle of the inspiration behind the dish.
“Add protein of choice like a couple boiled eggs, fish, chicken or tofu and you have a delicious meal in minutes!”
Be sure to share your #WholesomeEeats with @shesaid and @cocohealth on Instagram!
1 medium bunch kale
2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, cubed
4 corn cobs Sprouts (I used snow pea sprouts)
1-2 tsp chilli flakes (depending on heat preferences)
Sea salt (I use Himalayan pink salt)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp coconut oil (or use more olive oil)
1/2 lemon, juice
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
Black sesame seeds (optional)
1 can chickpeas (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C fan forced.
- In a bowl, coat and toss corn cobs in 1 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil), chilli flakes and a good sprinkle of sea salt. In a separate bowl, coat and toss the chopped sweet potato in 1 tbsp coconut oil, cinnamon and paprika.
- Spread corn and sweet potato evenly on a cooking tray and place in oven for approx 30 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are roasting, shred the kale and place into a bowl. Coat in the olive oil, lemon juice and a sprinkle of sea salt and massage for a few minutes until the leaves begin to soften.
- Once cooked, remove the roast vegetables from the oven and allow to cool. Mix with all remaining ingredients (sprouts, parsley and chickpeas, if desired) and serve with a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.
Optional: a drizzle of tahini takes the flavours in the salad to the next level! Highly recommended.