Winter-Inspired Makeup Tutorial
Now is the best time to make the most of the winter weather and create and fun look using some frosted shades. Any baked eyeshadow palette works for this look, and don’t forget to mix with a splash of water to create a shade that says on and doesn’t budge!
1. Moisturise your skin with a light formula which comes with an added SPF. After the moisturiser has settled into your skin (this could take just a few minutes), it’s time to apply the foundation. Use a flat foundation brush to evenly distribute the product across your face.
Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection, $17.99
2. Set any problem areas with a translucent powder – forehead, chin, and cheeks. Lightly dusk across the t-zone or any other place where your skin becomes oily.
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Silk HD Anti-Ageing Micro-Powder, $24
3. If your eyes are feeling puffy from a lack of sleep, apply some concealer and blend with your fingers. This creates a natural finish which won’t emphasise your pores.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer, $8.99
4. Prime your eyes with a creamy primer, since this will allow the makeup to stay on for longer. Use either with a flat concealer brush, or for even better coverage, pat with your ring finger until it settles into the skin.
Nyx Cosmetics Eyeshadow Base in White, $6.99
5. Take a flat shading eyeshadow brush apply a neutral colour over your entire lid. To make the product last for longer, buff the product well into the lid.
6. Use a slightly darker shade, and apply this onto the hollows of your eyes. This colour should slightly create a contour on your eyes.
Urban Decay Naked Basics in Naked 2 and Faint, $29
7. For the rest of the lid, use a frosty shade which will make your eyes pop. Apply this with a damp brush, and blend out well.
e.l.f Studio Baked Eyeshadow in Toasted, $3
8. To highlight the inner corner of your eyes, use a shimmery eyeshadow pencil on the tear duct. Blend with your ring finger to create a subtle shade.
Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige, $4.49
9. To finish the eyes, curl your lashes and apply a lengthening mascara working from root to tip.
Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Mascara, $7.99
5. Use a wet-look lip gloss to make the attention all about the eyes, or simply just line them with a soft pink colour for a ‘your lips but better’ look.
Becca Ultimate Colour Gloss, $24
Would you try this look?
Image via Wedding Dash