Hair Care tips for Winter
Chilly, ice-breaking weather is well and truly here and so are dry extremities. Avoid dry, damaged hair by getting a good deep conditioner. Get luxed up with our five of the best.
Kerastase Creme Richesse
This rich deep conditioning masque is especially formulated with UV protection and vitamins to protect against wind and sun. The only problem we found is the way you dip your hand into the jar. It makes it difficult to not take more than necessary. It gives a good result though. Available at selected pharmacies and hair salons nationally.
Clinique Dramatic Moisturising Conditioner
You wouldn’t expect anything but the best from Clinique Its Dramatic Moisture conditioner comes in a slick, almost medicinal bottle. It gives shine but leave the hair a little heavy. Better for a thick head of hair maybe. All that said, it does look great in your shower. Available at David Jones/Grace Brothers and selected pharmacies nationally.
Pure Hair Aloe Vera Conditioner
The Pure Hair range is nicely packaged and smells wickedly good. It goes on really well with a thick and rich texture. Your hair immediately feels softer and looks shinier after one use. Well worth the extra cash. Available at Lily Jackson Hair and Makeup, Glenmore Road, Paddington, Sydney, phone 02 9360 8708.
John Frieda’s Emergency Treatment
This product has a faint pleasant scent and it is really easy to apply. Your hair will definitely feel glossy and soft. Emergency Treatment is great for curly hair but also for normal hair needing extra help with those harsh winter elements. If your hair gets a bit dry and dull by the end of the day keep this product in your handbag because you can apply it on dry hair. Available at selected pharmacies and hair salons nationally
Wella Vivality Intensive Repair Mask
Okay, this is the one for dry and damaged hair. It is an intensive mask and it smells divine. All you have to do is shampoo your hair, towel- dry and then apply the mask to your hair and leave it for 5-10 minutes. We guarantee that your hair will be frizz free, shiny and luscious. Available at pharmacies and selected hair salons nationally.
After a session on the slopes, some TLC is always in order: Here we get down to some post-ski pampering, so you will look like the ultra glamour snow bunny this winter.
- Rejuvenate heavy and tired feet with Aveda Foot Relief.
- Don’t exfoliate in the mountains because of the dry air and risk of sunburn. Only take moisturising masks. Try Dermalogica’s Moisture Mask
- Use Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream as a skin protectant. Not only great for your lips but good for hands and cheeks as well.
- Jump into the Jacuzzi and throw in some essential oils like peppermint and lavender. You will be ready for a quick stint of partying after that.
- World famous podiatrist and former ski instructor, Bastien Gonzalez, advises to moisturise your feet for two weeks before you even hit the Alps.
- Bathe in Epsom salts to soothe tired muscles after a hard day skiing
- You have to look purrfect on the slopes so head to David Jones and grab Chantecaille’s Real Skin SPF 30 compact. This will keep any shine at bay and make you look flawless even if your on-slope style is not.
- With the stress of not having to get down a black run remember to pack L’Oreal Kerastase Dermo-Calm. This brand new hair range will ease any stressed or sensitive scalp. You’ll reach the end with all those frizzies in place.Half-yearlyclearance
Everyone knows that fashion’s seasonal shift in trends can be a strain to keep up with. The clever solution? The half-yearly sale! Think ahead while you grab the ultimate in chic for half the price. All the smart girls buy up. With sales approaching fast, pick carefully and invest in key pieces that will last through to the end of next season and even for a few years. Here are the best pieces to look out for-for now.
Three-tiered skirt from Witchery will look great in spring and summer with a Bond’s white singlet or cotton fitted V-neck Tee.
Desert Boots from Zomp or Donna Karen timeless boots for half the price at David Jones
Levante Glamour tights for an unheard of $6.95!