The annual TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards have announced the world’s best hotels, and it’s sure to inspire plenty of wanderlust.
More than 700,000 hotels around the world were assessed for the awards, which are based on the quality and quantity of user-submitted reviews over the past 12 months.
Top 10 hotels in the world
1. Grand Hotel Kronenhof, Pontresina, Switzerland
2. The Upper House, Hong Kong, China
3. Gili Lankanfushi Maldives, Lankanfushi, Maldives
4. Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
5. The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
6. Casa Gangotena, Quito, Ecuador
7. Lindos Blu, Lindos, Greece
8. The St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Punta de Mita, Mexico
9. The Oberoi, Mumbai, India
10. Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto, Canada
Closer to home, Emirates Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa in Wolgan Valley, which we reviewed last year, was awarded Australia’s best hotel. TripAdvisor describes it as “a beautiful, elegant stay where you can completely let your brain switch off. The Wolgan Valley is as breathtaking as the photos imply, and the rooms are even better.”
Other award-winning hotels that you’ll want to put on your bucket list:
World’s top luxury hotel: Akademie Street Boutique Hotel and Guesthouse, Franschhoek, South Africa
World’s best bargain hotel: Castlewood House, Dingle, Ireland
World’s best family hotel: Cavallino Bianco Family Spa Grand Hotel, Ortisei, Italy
World’s most romantic hotel: The Place Luxury Boutique Villas, Koh Tao, Thailand
Don’t forget to enter our $10,000 holiday competition to win your ultimate dream holiday!
Where is the best hotel you’ve ever stayed?