Yummy Pizza Scrolls Recipe
What’s better than pizza? Pizza scrolls, of course! This yummy recipe can be served as both a main or an appetiser and can be altered to suit your own dietary requirements. If you do decide to recreate this recipe, make sure to tag us on Instagram: @shesaid!
4 1/2 tsp active dried yeast
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 cup milk, warmed
1 cup rice flour plus extra for dusting
1 cup potato flour
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 egg, beaten
4 tbsp canned tomatoes, crushed
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3oz wafer-thin ham, shredded
Handful fresh basil, chopped
- Place the yeast, sugar and milk in a bowl and set aside for about 10 minutes, until frothy. In a large bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, xanthan gum and the salt.
- Mix the oil and egg into the yeast mixture and pour this into the flour mixture, using a fork to bring the mixture together. Tip it out onto a surface dusted lightly with rice flour and knead for 5 minutes, adding a little flour if the mixture becomes sticky.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for about 40 minutes, or until well risen.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. On the floured surface, roll the dough out to a rectangle approximately 12×10 inches, spread with the crushed tomatoes, then sprinkle over the other toppings. Roll the pizza up from one long edge, then slice into eight pieces.
- Place the rolled-up scrolls, side-by-side, on a lightly oiled heavy baking sheet. They should be pushed up against each other so the sides are touching. Place in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
Recipe via Great Gluten-Free Baking by Louise Blair, Image via Taste