Zucchini, Chilli and Herbed Ricotta Pasta Recipe
This high protein, low carb pasta recipe is one of our favourite dinner ideas for when the fridge is empty but you still want a delicious dinner.
Cooking time: 20 min
375g Vetta Smart Pasta High Protein Low Carb Penne
2 tbsp olive oil
400g (approx. 3 large) zucchini, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large red chilli (seeds removed), finely chopped
Pepper and salt to taste
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
200g fresh ricotta
4 tbsp fresh herbs chopped (parsley, chives, mint)
1. Cook pasta according to packet directions in a large pan of salted, boiling water.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large fry pan on medium heat. Add zucchini, garlic, chilli and lemon zest and stir fry until golden for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice.
4. Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid and return pasta to the pan.
5. Stir through the zucchini mix with cooked pasta, adding the reserved liquid if needed.
6. Combine the ricotta, lemon and herbs and set aside.
7. To serve, place pasta on each plate with the ricotta mix divided equally on top.
What are your favourite empty fridge dinner ideas?